- Implementations shall provide a user-selectable mode in which the
accuracy and other numeric performance requirements detailed in the following
subclauses are observed. This mode, referred to as the strict mode, may or
may not be the default mode; it directly affects the results of the
predefined arithmetic operations of real types and the results of the
subprograms in children of the Numerics package, and indirectly affects the
operations in other language defined packages. Implementations shall also
provide the opposing mode, which is known as the relaxed mode.
- Either mode may be the default mode.
- The two modes need not actually be different.
- Model of Floating Point Arithmetic
- Model-Oriented Attributes of Floating Point Types
- Model of Fixed Point Arithmetic
- Accuracy Requirements for the Elementary Functions
- Performance Requirements for Random Number Generation
- Accuracy Requirements for Complex Arithmetic
-- Email comments, additions, corrections, gripes, kudos, etc. to:
Magnus Kempe -- Magnus.Kempe@di.epfl.ch
Page last generated: 95-03-12