- A generic_renaming_declaration is used to rename a generic unit.
generic package defining_program_unit_name renames generic_package_name;
| generic procedure defining_program_unit_name renames generic_procedure_name;
| generic function defining_program_unit_name renames generic_function_name;
- The renamed entity shall be a generic unit of the corresponding kind.
- A generic_renaming_declaration declares a new view of the renamed generic
(15) Although the properties of the new view are the same as those of the
renamed view, the place where the generic_renaming_declaration occurs may
affect the legality of subsequent renamings and instantiations that denote
the generic_renaming_declaration, in particular if the renamed generic unit
is a library unit (see 10.1.1).
- Example of renaming a generic unit:
generic package Enum_IO renames Ada.Text_IO.Enumeration_IO; -- see A.10.10
-- Email comments, additions, corrections, gripes, kudos, etc. to:
Magnus Kempe -- Magnus.Kempe@di.epfl.ch
Page last generated: 95-03-12