- A remote call interface library unit can be used as an interface for
remote procedure calls (RPCs) (or remote function calls) between active
- The form of a pragma Remote_Call_Interface is as follows:
- The form of a pragma All_Calls_Remote is as follows:
- A pragma All_Calls_Remote is a library unit pragma.
- A remote call interface (RCI) is a library unit to which the pragma
Remote_Call_Interface applies. A subprogram declared in the visible part of
such a library unit is called a remote subprogram.
- The declaration of an RCI library unit shall be preelaborable (see
10.2.1), and shall depend semantically only upon declared pure, shared
passive, remote types, or other remote call interface library units.
- In addition, the following restrictions apply to the visible part of an
RCI library unit:
- it shall not contain the declaration of a variable;
- it shall not contain the declaration of a limited type;
- it shall not contain a nested generic_declaration;
- it shall not contain the declaration of a subprogram to which a
pragma Inline applies;
- it shall not contain a subprogram (or access-to-subprogram)
declaration whose profile has an access parameter, or a formal
parameter of a limited type unless that limited type has
user-specified Read and Write attributes;
- any public child of the library unit shall be a remote call
interface library unit.
- If a pragma All_Calls_Remote applies to a library unit, the library unit
shall be a remote call interface.
- A remote call interface library unit shall be assigned to at most one
partition of a given program. A remote call interface library unit whose
parent is also an RCI library unit shall be assigned only to the same
partition as its parent.
- Notwithstanding the rule given in 10.2, a compilation
unit in a given partition that semantically depends on the declaration of
an RCI library unit, needs (in the sense of 10.2)
only the declaration of the RCI library unit, not the body, to be included
in that same partition. Therefore, the body of an RCI library unit is included
only in the partition to which the RCI library unit is explicitly assigned.
- If a pragma All_Calls_Remote applies to a given RCI library package, then
the implementation shall route any call to a subprogram of the RCI package
from outside the declarative region of the package through the Partition Communication
Subsystem (PCS); see E.5. Calls to such subprograms
from within the declarative region of the package are defined to be local
and shall not go through the PCS.
- An implementation need not support the Remote_Call_Interface pragma nor
the All_Calls_Remote pragma. Explicit message-based communication between
active partitions can be supported as an alternative to RPC.
-- Email comments, additions, corrections, gripes, kudos, etc. to:
Magnus Kempe -- Magnus.Kempe@di.epfl.ch
Page last generated: 95-03-12